This monthly gathering will be a space for support and learning from futures thinkers who have a critical lens towards systems, the world and futures work. It serves as a space for critical dialogue about methods and approaches we can apply to shape our futures.
Our events will span topics from systems change, innovation, technology, foresight activities and games, theology and more!
UPCOMING MEETUP DATES:
- WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 9TH EVENING - DISCUSSION
- SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26TH - WORKSHOP
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 9TH - WORKSHOP
What we did in 2019
- April - Designed and hosted a workshop for 40 middle school students for a 2 hour session! The aim was to boost their futures resiliency and did a vision board activity for when they would be 18 (they were 10 and 11 years old). Then we presented challenges that might come up when they're 18 and we asked them to leverage all of their assets (such as tools, people in their lives, skills, talents, etc.) and personal values to generate solutions for the potential and made-up challenges. This activity was adapted to be more accessible for middle schoolers from the Equitable Futures Toolkit by the fellows at the IFTF.
- June - Presented at the "Constructing Social Futures" conference in Turku, Finland on "Engaging trauma in participatory futures work".
- Teach the Future Canada meetups: Hosted a few discussions on a variety of topics from methodologies, challenges of explaining futures and philosophies of futures
- July 2019 - Teach the Future Canada webinar: Supported and curated Canada's chapter webinar presenting Canadian futurist's work on educating about futures thinking
What we did in 2018
- Hosted 3 meetups
- Helped to organize the Association of Professional Futurist's Diverse Futures Festival with an incredible lineup of diverse futurists and topics! Video recordings of the sessions can be found on the website.